Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lazy

Have my iDevices killed the blogger in me?

It has been over a week since I have last blogged and it's not because I don't have anything to say. I have been having trouble finding the time to sit down and actually write. On days I don't work my dedicated computer time is over breakfast. I love having my coffee while checking my email and Facebook and maybe writing a blog or otherwise surfing. Since my birthday (roughly 2 weeks ago) when I got an iPad, I no longer use my laptop to do this. I use the iPad. And why wouldn't I? It's smaller, it powers on faster, it has a sleeker look and a more user friendly interface. But it isn't really conducive to typing. It's on-screen keyboard is really only good for a quick email reply or Facebook status update.

I anticipated this issue and got a wireless keyboard (which I am typing on now) to go with the iPad. What I didn't anticipate was that I would be too lazy to walk into another room and retrieve the keyboard and actually use it. Emails that require lengthy replies and blogging always seem to be things that I'll do later.

If you haven't heard from me lately, that's probably why.

I've also been a bit busier. It's summer and weekend barbecues and trips to the pool take precedence over inside computer time. At work my downtime is taken up by pumping.

So I'm still here, the baby loves the pool, the older boys are getting darker skin and lighter hair and Mike and I are remembering how much we love hosting our friends in the back yard with the grill going and the wine flowing. It just might be a while longer in between blogs. I blame these new-fangled devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment