Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Bliss

Yesterday was my birthday and it was great. The day started off when I woke, on my own, at 7:00 and groggily realized that I hadn't gotten up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. Thank you Drew for a great birthday present.

He woke up soon after I did and I fed him and then went on a walk all by myself. Thank you to my husband for that present.

After I walked I took the older boys to camp and they laughed and were happy the whole way. There was no aggravation, no fighting, it was totally smooth sailing. Thank you Sam and Toby for that present.

At this point it was 9:15 and I was already having an amazing day.

I got to go out to lunch with my husband (and the baby), get my nails done (fingers and toes) and get a facial (half price!). My sitter gave all of the boys baths and I got to hang out with them through and after dinner with minimal fussing and fighting.

It was wonderful. If you have to have a birthday and get older, this was the way to do it. And notice I haven't even mentioned any gifts or cake yet!!

I did get some great things, but the best thing of all was my day.

I'm going to try to hang on to that feeling when the baby wakes up at 1:30 and screams for an hour before going back to sleep (like he did this morning) or when I have to work or when the older boys are bickering and driving me nuts. It's nice to just know it's possible to have a lovely day and even better to have had one.

No comments:

Post a Comment