Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ah-choo! (sort-of)

Any mom worth her salt knows how to deal with a virus.  Lots of tissues, Tylenol, movies and love usually do the trick in my house.  This week, however, the virus got the best of me.  No, I wasn’t the one who got sick and it wasn’t any of my kids or my husband.  It was my computer. 

Anyone who has noticed my absence from the blogosphere now knows why.

I can (and do) check my email on my phone, but anything that requires a lengthy reply or pulls up a web page with small print I usually save for when I’m on the actual computer.  My dictation editing program for work requires the computer.  Blogging requires the computer.

It was actually an interesting exercise.  I thought I would be way more lost without my laptop for 5 days, but I did alright, mostly thanks to my iPhone.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have my computer back and grateful that none of my pictures or documents were lost, but I learned I can survive without it for longer than I thought.

So today I went through and picked out the pictures for the baby’s birth announcements (yes, I know he’s over three months old already, so sue me) and I’m blogging.  I’ve edited my dictations and checked facebook.  Next I’m going to look at some information I’ve been saving about a conference I want to go to in the fall. 

I’m back and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment