Monday, June 13, 2011

Stain Magnets

Have you ever had a piece of clothing that is a stain magnet?  I remember in middle school Benetton rugby shirts were all the rage.  The shirts were white with a bold strip of color across the center.  My mother declared they were too expensive (because they were) but I saved up my own money and got one with a bright green stripe across it.  Every time I wore it I got something on it.  Every time.  And of course I couldn’t bleach it because of that green stripe.  We didn’t have bleach pens back then.  I remember trying white out, that didn’t work very well. 

Since then I have had a variety of clothes that I just know I’ll be washing every time I wear them.  Right now I have one nursing top that the baby spits up on pretty much as soon as I put it on.  I don’t even know why I bother with it anymore.

My brother, Eric, has bought my children lots of clothes over the years.  It seemed like everywhere he went he sent back t-shirts.  Of course Drew will never get a new shirt from Eric, but he has lots of hand-me-downs.  I have a onesie from the New Zealand rugby team, the All Blacks, that is just his size right now.  Last weekend I put it on him with the plan of taking some pictures of him in it.  Before I could execute he blew out his diaper and the poop-soaked onesie needed to be changed.  This upset me more than it should have given that I have a washing machine right in my kitchen, but things from Eric do that to me.

This weekend I tried again.  I got some great pictures.  Then later, when I was feeding him, I noticed the front of the onesie was all wet.  When he was done eating I got up to change him and realized my front was all wet too.  He had peed all over us.  Apparently my diapering skills need an update.  Do they have continuing ed courses in diapering?

This time I wasn’t as emotional, after all, I’d already gotten the pictures.  But it cracks me up that the piece of clothing that is a dirt magnet is from Eric.  It just makes sense.  I can feel him laughing at me.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I went through 3 robes in one night when Jacob was a baby. Projectile vomiting is what they call it. Glad those days are over. Now I get to start round 2 with the grandson. Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete