Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Calgon, take me away!

I don’t know what to write about today.  So many things are happening; it’s hard to keep up with them all.  My oldest son is finishing his last week of first grade.  How did that happen??  He has been bringing home all of the work that has been kept at school all year which is now cluttering my kitchen counters because who has time to go through it all??  And of course I want to go through it all.  He also has had field day and a pizza party and other activities designed to make the 4 year old jealous and completely wear out the 7 year old.  This makes for lovely dinner time fights.

The four year old has two days off from his preschool this week for Shavuot (the Jewish holiday commemorating when God gave us the Torah).  Luckily, these days coincide with my days off this week so I don’t need to worry about extra child care.  Unluckily, I now have to figure out what to do with a bored 4 year old and the baby. 

Don’t tell my kids yet, but we are going to Disney in October in conjunction with a conference I have in Orlando so I’m trying to plan that also.  My head is spinning.  Anyone have any advice about planning Disney vacations?  Do we really need the meal plan???

And I’m still mourning.  For those of you who don’t know, my brother died about a year and a half ago and while I’m making progress, I’m not done and I may never be.  While my husband had the two older boys out Sunday afternoon I introduced the baby to the bobble head doll of Eric that we had made for him for what turned out to be his last Chanukah.  I really miss Eric and I hate so much that Drew will never know him and he will never know Drew.

Oh, and I’ve also been on call since last Friday and will continue to be until this Friday morning.

Thankfully, I have a sitter coming this afternoon and I’m going to go get my nails done.  I need some pampering time and the claws on my hands and feet need to go.  Hopefully I won’t think about any of this while I’m there and I’ll come back refreshed and ready to take it all on again.  Maybe. 

Maybe I just won’t come back.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, can I go with you? And not come back, too? I am beginning to think that my world will never be "normal" again. I envy you your babies. They are so beautiful and full of life.
    Keep your head up, my friend!
    Gael

    ReplyDelete