Friday, June 10, 2011

Mixed Emotions

My husband is taking the two older boys to visit his parents for a week.  By the time I get home from work tonight it will be just me and the baby and the cosmopolitan he’s already mixed and put in the refrigerator for me.  Yea!  Right?

I’m already missing my boys.

For all of my frustrations and aggravations I truly do love my children.  I know you know that, but I had to say it anyway.  I hugged my 7 year old before he got on the school bus to go to his last day of first grade this morning and was sad that I won’t get to hear about it in person.  I dropped the 4 year old off at his school and he was ready to start his day without even saying goodbye until I reminded him.  I love that he loves school, but today I needed him to miss me just a little.

I will also miss my husband.  Who will I hang out with and decompress with at night?  The house is going to seem so empty and quiet. 

Sure I’ll get a little more sleep this weekend (maybe), and I’ll have some more freedom and flexibility during the week, and I’m really looking forward to the Girls’ Night I’ve got planned, but I’m really going to miss them all.

Drew and I will be on our own (with babysitting for when I’m at work) until next Sunday, which happens to be Father’s day.  Kudos to my husband for flying on Father’s Day with a 7 year old and a 4 year old to bring my family back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment